Security concerns are common when renting a storage unit, leaving you worried about the safety of your stored items. Fortunately, technology now provides innovative solutions that can enhance the security of your storage unit. One such solution is Storage Defender’s Smart Unit Monitoring. Available at select Saf Keep Storage and SKS-managed facilities, Smart Unit Monitoring adds a layer of protection for your belongings. Enabling you to monitor your storage unit 24/7 with state-of-the-art motion sensors installed inside your unit. Be in control and find a location with smart storage units near you.
What is a Smart Unit?
A smart unit is a storage unit security system that provides you with 24/7 motion sensor surveillance monitoring and real-time mobile alerts. Enhance the security of your stored personal or business property, and alleviate unnecessary stress and worry!
With Storage Defender’s Smart Unit Monitoring, receive real-time security alerts directly to your smartphone:
- If any unauthorized access or suspicious activity is detected in your unit
- When a power outage impacts your storage unit
When you receive notifications, you will be alerted via text message, and have the option to contact your facility for further assistance. Feel confident that your items are secure and go beyond the traditional lock-and-key storage facility security features.
Benefits of Using Storage Defender’s Smart Unit Monitoring
Prioritize the security of your belongings and protect your items against theft and vandalism. Storage Defender’s Smart Unit Monitoring offers a comprehensive suite of features designed to enhance the security of your storage unit.
- 24/7 Surveillance. Enjoy round-the-clock monitoring of your storage unit with state-of-the-art motion sensors installed inside your unit.
- Real-time security alerts. Receive instant notifications directly to your smartphone.
- Audible beeper deterrent. If any unauthorized access or suspicious activity is detected in your unit, you will be alerted via text message with the option to contact your facility for further assistance.
- Easy-to-use texting, no subscription fees, and no app required.
Storage Defender can provide a reliable and secure solution when you want to protect your items in the storage unit. Plus, it’s easy-to-use, and doesn’t require you to be on-site to keep an extra eye out for your property!
How Do I Use Storage Defender for My Storage Unit?
It’s simple to use Storage Defender to protect your belongings. To get started and use Storage Defender, you can take the following steps:
- Download the mobile app for your specific storage facility.
- Create an account and link it to your storage unit.
- Access your app to receive real-time updates on information about your storage unit.
And if you prefer, you can complete the Storage Defender sign-up and receive text alerts without the app!
Have questions about Saf Keep Storage Rentals or Storage Defender? Reach out to a Saf Keep facility near you today to learn more about our unit availability and security features. We can answer your questions and help you get started with self-storage.
Keep Your Items Safe At Saf Keep
At Saf Keep, we aim to give you peace of mind when you choose to store your belongings with us. In addition to smart units with Storage Defender technology at select locations, all of our Saf Keep and SKS-managed properties provide 24/7 video surveillance and fully-fenced properties requiring a personalized pin code for entry.
Other security features we offer at many Saf Keep locations include:
- Individually alarmed units. Should your storage unit be accessed without your permission, we’ll know about it as soon as it happens and notify you.
- On-site Caretaker. Many of our facilities have a manager living on-site so you can trust that someone is on call and keeping watch over the property 24/7.
Ready to rent high-security storage units for your most important belongings? Look for the units with the Smart Unit badge and find an SKS-managed storage facility near you with Smart Unit Monitoring features to start your rental online now! If you have questions about our smart units, feel free to reach out to your local facility and our team will be happy to help you!